background

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Keepin up with the Hoopes

I’ll start by introducing myself. My name is Ciara Brooke Hoopes.  I am 20 years old, a full time Dental-Hygiene student, nanny, housecleaner, cook, best friend, and wife. My life is hectic as probably many of yours are as well. I was married on September 1, 2012 to my best friend Taylor! We were married in the Los Angeles Temple after convincing him for that past year we were meant to be together and trying to get him to fall for me. It took some time persuading him and I even left out of the country for 5 months. And of course that did the trick; he never wanted to lose me again, so now here we are, happy as ever and married living in Sandy, Utah. Taylor is a full-time student at Utah Valley University in the Fire Academy and working full time at Kennecott Coppermine as an EMT/security guard. I am a Dental-Hygiene Student at Fortis College-Salt Lake and currently nannying 2 little kids nearby. Do we have time to see each other? Not really. But do we make time? Yes!

I thought I would start this blog about my life and show that even though your life can be so crazy busy, you can always find the time to spend with your family and show them how much you love them whether it’s writing cute love notes, or even staying up an extra hour or two just so you can see each other for 10 minutes. Taylor is gone in the day from 3-11pm. He comes home, changes, and then leaves for work at 11:10 and gets home close to 9 in the morning. He then sleeps from 9-3. And so on again… How do I see him you might ask? Taylor doesn’t have work on Friday or Saturday nights so yippee those get to be our nights we spend together! Because we don’t see each other a lot, we are really working on making it special when we do. Through-out this first year of marriage we have been consistently trying to do sweet things for each other whether it’s writing each other cute love notes, or Taylor randomly bringing me flowers home.  I am so blessed to have such a sweet man who takes care of me even though he is so extremely busy and barely has time to take care of himself.
This is our life. I hope you have time to Keep up with the Hoopes (: